This weekend marked the 7th annual Memorial Day Trip up to the north country near Whiteface Mountain to camp, fish, canoe, and naturally Rock Climb. Mother nature was against us the entire duration of the trip. It stormed every day we were there (Friday-Monday), the Ausable River was at record levels making the trout fishing non-existant. No fish were pulled from the river this year, that is a first for our camping group. I was able to make it to McKenzie Pond for two hours on Sunday to find everything soaking wet, it was nearly 80 degrees outside, 90% humidity, and the bugs loved the way I tasted that day. I was able to repeat the notorious "Flux Capacitor" to the upper jugs (with only one pad, no spotters, and an extremely low psych level, I wasn't about to try and top the problem out). I will post some video up later this week.
All of these poor conditions from the weekend forced a resurrgence of psych, thankfully I stumbled upon some of these older highball bouldering photos from the Caroga Lake region....ENJOY
- Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook (NOW AVAILABLE)
- Nine Corner Lake: Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Snowy Mountain :Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Great Barrington, MA: Boulder Problem Video Archi...
- Pottersville Video Archive
- Climbing Hold Sets (Produced for Element Climbing)
- Metolius Climbing Gear- Review
- Adirondack Climbing Articles
- Southern Adirondack Climbing Guidebooks