Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Great Barrington Bouldering before the Back Surgery

I was fortunate enough to make it back out to "Reservoir Rocks" in Great Barrington, MA right before my scheduled back surgery.  The temperatures and bugs were on the rise but we were still able to tick off some new boulder problems.  All in all, it was an excellent outdoor bouldering session!  I got the the boulder field a few hours before the rest of the crew and was able to hike around to GPS some of the main boulders as well as map out the bouder field and all of the problems that I personally knew about.  This "personal guidebook" work also allowed the boulders to dry up a bit because when I got there, everything was still a bit damp.

On our way out of the forest, we ran into some Great Barrington locals.  They mentioned the names of some climbs they were finishing their climbing session on and again I was taken back that I had never heard of or seen these climbs and I have been visiting the "Reservoir" and bouldering there was over six years now.  How many boulder problems are there in that area???

Media Update:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Do you have that guidebook still, and would you be willing to share? I'm visiting my brother and wanna hit more than just the speed boulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Michael, I wasn't able to track down my sketch of the area unfortunately. If you are there within the next couple of weeks, I am confident that a bunch of people will be in the forest and would be able to point you in the right direction...when are you going to be in the area?

    ReplyDelete