Okay, the past few days have been absolutely horrible waetherwise. That being said, even with a break in the rain tomorrow and the predicted forecast for sun on Friday and Saturday, things will still undoubtedly be damp in the boulderfield at Nine Corners Lake. So don't forget to pack a towel or two into your crashpad for this weekend's event...because the COMPETITION LIVES ON!!!
I am taking Friday off from work to head into the woods with some friends (AKA Psyched locals) with brushes, brooms, towels, chalk, and leaf blowers...that's right, I said leaf blowers to do everything we can possibly do to help speed up the drying process. So if by any chance you have the day off as well, please feel free to join in the fun.
I hope to see numerous people in the woods this Saturday for the bouldering competition. It should be a really good time. For those of you not familiar with the boulderfield, there will be a handful of locals on scene participating and trying to help others out and I have also created some visual maps which will be laminated and stapled to wooden stakes at the base of some of the main boulders to help people navigate through the forest to various problems. On the back side of the boulder photo will be a description page with the name of the climb and the given grade which will be used as the points for the competition.
Here is a sample photo:
- Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook (NOW AVAILABLE)
- Nine Corner Lake: Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Snowy Mountain :Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Great Barrington, MA: Boulder Problem Video Archi...
- Pottersville Video Archive
- Climbing Hold Sets (Produced for Element Climbing)
- Metolius Climbing Gear- Review
- Adirondack Climbing Articles
- Southern Adirondack Climbing Guidebooks