Saturday was especially nice. The temperature and humidity was lower than it has been recently and we still hadn't had any rain, this meant that all of the established routes at Lost Hunters would be dry so I was especially psyched. If I have learned one thing over the past two months and over 8 trips into this cliff, it is how to accept defeat and to continue to treat each non-sending session as a learning experience.
I unfortunately walked away yet again with none of my projects ticked off but....
- I was surrounded by close friends for an entire beautiful sunny day
- I was able to get to a new high point on both of my projects (fell off of the upper jug on "Buck Fever", two hand movements away from the victory ledge)
- I cleaned two new routes and got to install some more top anchors
- I got to witness one of the most inspiring sends I have seen in person to date
- I got to watch various SAC crew members make progress on all of there projects
- I got to enjoy a post session swim in Chub Lake as the sun set over Sherman Mountain