Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Boulderwoods: Crane Mountain

Below is a short video from a  recent recon bouldering session at Boulderwoods:  Crane Mountain, New York.  I have not been back to the Boulderwoods set in a couple of years because I was under the impression that the area had been "climbed out" and that the potential for new lines was minimal.  Either way, I wanted to get back there to map out the boulders, get GPS locations for all of the developed boulders, as well as scout for new potential for the upcoming Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook. 

Let's just saw that I was taken back with the amount of potential that I saw up there and that I will definately be heading back before the snow falls to clean and climb some new lines along with climbing some of the existing problems that I have never tried.

Has anyone been bouldering here lately???

Media Update:


5 comments:

  1. I would check with steve salemi as he spent some time up there establishing new (hard/vhard) lines a couple years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian- thanks for the comment. Do you know how to get ahold of Steve? I don't think we know one another. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. You make these climbs look so easy! I absolutely struggle on the Chuck Norris Warmup problem, there are no feet on that thing. Do you think there is potential for additional, easier climbs? Will all of the new development make it into your new guidebook? Thanks for the post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel better seeing you fall off of the "project", at the end of your vid. I have fallen off of it 30+ times!

    Doc and I had a great after work Boulderwoods session last Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeremy- good to hear from you! I am just starting to believe that the mantle finish on the "project" is actually doable. It's hard to put a number on the failed attempts that I have had on it over the years, maybe 150-200 falls on the top out sequence. I fell at least 20 times during my last session there on it, ha ha. Keep me posted on any new problems that you and Doc might be putting up/working on, thanks!

      Delete