Friday, April 25, 2014

Snowy Mountain Bouldering

I recently made the trip up to the Snowy Mountain Boulders with Keith and Sullivan to wrap up my guidebook recon work for the Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook.  Let's just say we all owe some good fellow a huge thank you for helping clear off blown down debris from the approach trail to the boulders.  Around 2011, massive storms ripped through the area and made portions of the trail not accessible with large fallen trees and limbs.  Everything is back to it's original condition and the hike is much more enjoyable now!

We ended up having an excellent day at the boulders and the climbing conditions were prime.  Lucas Cassick also joined us later in the day and he went on an absolute tear; sending classic problem after classic problem...it was pretty inspiring to witness.

I came agonizingly close that day to sending the Salamander Stand start into the Never Left Hueco alternate finish, but came up short on the send.  I was fortunate enough to return two days later before y departure on a family vacation to send the boulder problem.  Below is the video from the ascent, one of the videos is the RAW, uncut end footage and the other has been edited and is complete with close up shots and multiple camera angles.  After the send I began working out the difficult sit start moves and am happy to report that I was able to make the first move numerous time and have convinced myself that I am actually capable of doing this rock climb!  So psyched!!!

Media Update:







No comments:

Post a Comment