Thursday, April 20, 2017

Spring 2017 Session at Peters Kill; New Paltz, NY

  This post has been delayed for over a week due to work, additional climbing sessions, and working hard on a big line of dual texture holds for Asana Climbing!  The holds by the way will be on display at the Climbing Wall Summit in May in Colorado.  I am extremely excited to start shaping for Asana and look forward to working with them in the future!!!

  Now, back to the outstanding blog post:  on Sunday April 9, 2017 we had a sizeable crew rendezvous down in New Paltz at Peters Kill for an excellent day of bouldering.  The conditions were a bit warm for April but the rock was dry and the group psych and enthusiasm was extremely high.  There was a bunch of sending that took place that day and I personally had my best day bouldering in regards to sending new boulder problems and sending them pretty quickly.  After me and a bunch of the crew took down The Hop (V7), I proceeded to send Sicker Than the Average (V8), Mad Lion (V7), and finally Dwarf Toss (V8) all on my second attempts!  I was extremely happy with my personal performance and feel like I am finally ready for my upcoming trip to Joe's Valley, Utah next week.  So psyched to see this mega area for the first time!

Media Update:












1 comment:

  1. Wow this looks amazing. I never knew that bouldering was so awesome in NY. I can't wait to plan a trip up there to get on some of those sweet looking problems.

    ReplyDelete