Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Southern Adirondack Rock Climber's Festival Update...

I appologize for the lack of posts lately...I have been out climbing, but a majority of my time has been spent running into the local climbing areas to make sure they are all set for this year's events.  I cannot believe that the 4th annual Southern Adirondack Climber's Festival is only four weeks away!  I am anxious to see how many climbers stop out to experience the Caroga Lake Region.  Finally, my home turf will get some recognition and the climbing traffic it deserves.

I have also been extremely busy trying to organize an outdoor bouldering comp at all of the local bouldering venues:  Nine Corners Lake, Pinnacle Boulders, Green Lake Boulders, Prison Boulder, Pine Lake Boulders, Otter Lake Boulders, etc.  During the process of organizing this event, numerous climbing  companies have stepped forward to donate gear for give-a-ways during the festival....WAY PSYCHED on that.  I am also working with an up and coming crash pad company out of Vermont that plans on launching their website Sept. 1st and would like us to demo six of their crash pads for feedback, then they're going to give a pad away for FREE...and offer the other five at a discounted rate...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

Even though I will be tied up giving tours to areas and helping organize other events during the festival...the commander is still going to bring his "A" game and try to climb as many things as possible...P90x, push-ups, sit-ups, and training for the next four weeks...BRING THE RUCKUS' YA'LL!!!

Now for a quick preview:



1 comment: