Monday, September 26, 2011

My first Chris Sharma boulder problem

This past Sunday I was fortunate enough to have an exclusive tour of a recently acquired parcel of land just outside of New Paltz, NY that boasts some incredible boulder problems.  "The Waterworks" land in Rosendale, NY was purchased by the Gunks Climbers Coalition and the Mohonk Preserve last year, in an attempt to secure climbing access.  Currently, the only way to climb at this area is through a free guided tour which is going to be given every Saturday until early November.

Both of the guys I met up with in New Paltz to give me the tour were trying to recover from some nagging injuries.  Regardless of their pain, Nyle and Murph kept the psych level high as I attempted a handful of climbs they had already done and even went out of their way to dry off some crucial holds on boulders problems I was amped to try.  Good on ya mates...I REALLY APPRECIATED IT!!!  I was really impressed with the climbs that I could get on and even more impressed by some of the ones that I didn't get a chance to try.  Psyched to get back soon.

Media Update:

 Nyle Baker taking care of some damp holds...note the severe overhang of this outcrop!
Nyle Baker taking care of some damp holds on "The Spike"



No comments:

Post a Comment