This past Sunday, I had the honor of setting some new boulder problems at "The Edge" in Halfmoon as the state of the art gym gears up to open its' doors to the excited local climbing community. This type of venue is exactly what the area needs, and I'll be the first to tell you that there is nowhere that this gym has "come up short". The terrain is varied throughout the gym, the walls are tall and challenging, and the boulder is straight up legit!
Sunday's snow covered day brought so very familiar faces together under the roof of the recently constructed climbing facility. Evan Race, JP Whitehead (from over at Weekend Bouldering), Andy Gilpen (the former owner/manager of Electric City Rock Gym in Schenectady), myself and the one and only Plastic Prince...Kenneth D. Murphy all put in a solid effort to set some really interested boulder problems and routes on the freshly painted Ceuse'esque walls. Tyler even stopped by to grab a few photos of the work in progress.
I am so anxious for this gym to become part of my weekly training cycle...
- Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook (NOW AVAILABLE)
- Nine Corner Lake: Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Snowy Mountain :Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Great Barrington, MA: Boulder Problem Video Archi...
- Pottersville Video Archive
- Climbing Hold Sets (Produced for Element Climbing)
- Metolius Climbing Gear- Review
- Adirondack Climbing Articles
- Southern Adirondack Climbing Guidebooks