I cannot take credit for the discovery of these massive glacial erratics. It was the dedicated scouting and exploring by Gary Thomann and his fellow "Arietta Climbing Team" that unearthed these boulders during a winter recon mission as they were seeking out potential cliffs for development.
It doesn't look like there will be time to develop any problems on these boulders prior to the publication of my bouldering guidebook, but a detailed map with directions and images of the boulder will be included in the Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook.
There was a good size collection of boulders in this area at the base of a south facing cliff band; maybe 15-20 climbable boulders in total. Some of the boulders were upwards of 30 ft. in overall height and there were enough features and holds to make future development worthwhile...
- Adirondack Bouldering Guidebook (NOW AVAILABLE)
- Nine Corner Lake: Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Snowy Mountain :Boulder Problem Video Archive
- Great Barrington, MA: Boulder Problem Video Archi...
- Pottersville Video Archive
- Climbing Hold Sets (Produced for Element Climbing)
- Metolius Climbing Gear- Review
- Adirondack Climbing Articles
- Southern Adirondack Climbing Guidebooks